At Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre (AECC), we make space for you.
We’ve meeting and events facilities across a wide spectrum of size and scale.
We’ve the capabilities to host global exhibitions attracting tens of thousands of people. To accommodate business meetings for half-a-dozen or fewer. And pretty much everything in between.
But we also help you make your event a success: our teams are ready and committed to providing you with everything you need.
Download the AECC Site Plan [PDF].
Did you know…..?
- AECC host a total of around 300 events per year, with a total footfall of over 300,000 visitors!
- Every second year AECC is home to Offshore Europe, which in 2011 welcomed over 48,500 visitors, 1,800 exhibitors in 43,500 square metres, of gross exhibition space (the size of over 10 football pitches!) Out of which 35,000 metres is in temporary structures – making it one of the largest energy shows in the world, comparable only to OTC (held in Houston).
- The Press & Journal Energy Ball is held at AECC in August every year, which sees our Catering Team serve over 1100 dinner guests, in 2011 they were served a menu made from the finest local ingredients, including 1080 Centre Cut Fillet Steaks, 70kg Smoked Halibut, 16kg Mature Cheddar Truckle, 16kg Morangie Brie, 50kg Wild Mushrooms, 180kg Potatoes, 60 litres of Green Apple Sorbet and 1080 Tuille Baskets – all sourced from the North of Scotland!
- AECC plays host to All-Energy which is the UK’s largest renewables event and is growing year on year, 2011’s show saw almost 8,000 visitors from more than 50 countries.
- AECC is one of the only conference centres in the UK with our own in-house teams for Catering, Exhibition, PCO, AV/IT and Event Management.
- We are the first convention centre in Scotland to receive the Healthy Living Award
- We recycle 104,000 cans each year! At 2011′s All-Energy event alone, 30,000 coffee cups, 10,000 cold drink cups and 15,000 items of Vegware cutlery were diverted from landfill and converted into compost for use by local farmers (a potential landfill diversion of 1243.276kg and a saving of 537.42kg of carbon) by using Vegwear products!
- AECC is known as the National Energy Exhibition Centre
- Our exhibition team travel all over the world building stands, the furthest we have gone is Kuala Lumpar
- Our AECC tower is 148 ft / 45 metres tall (the size of 148 Subway sandwiches!) and is the tallest viewing point in Aberdeen! On a clear day you can see as far as Peterhead Power Station